Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Acceptance

It would always come to that stage where you will realize how much you have given up and how much you have lost… and until you’ve accepted that fact … you will never gain…


That’s how I’ve learned the bitter truth… I was always in denial… well I guess it’s part of that stage they call moving on… 1st is denial (been there), 2nd is blaming oneself (been good at it), 3rd is loosing yourself (walked thru it with flying colors) and then 4th is realizing how foolish you are and that is when you need to accept… that’s where I am at that time….

I’ve come to accept the fact that I’ve lost a husband and that he’ll never come back… it was a tough time.

i’ve resorted every means to find my peace of mind. A friend had since convinced me to join a group of people, an LSS group at ST. James Parish in Ayala Alabang. I felt it was just so timely then… The group was then re-grouped to small pax of 4 or 5, my group was headed by Tita Lita whom we called shepherd, we were the lambs (members). Another co-shepherd was Tita (we call her Tita Tita, haha), they say God works in mysterious ways, I guess He does. Tita Tita is also separated with his husband having one kid just like me. The story is quite the same, an immatured husband not sure of what he wants in life… Tita Tita stood by the marriage for a time and finally she realized how much time she had wasted for something that was not worth it… she was very calm and at peace with herself, she told me that God has his own ways and that I have to let go and let God… It is from her that I’ve learned the phrase “when God has asked you to put something good down that means He wants you to pick up something better”

That’s quite inspiring when you know that God has plans for you, you just have to learn to wait. The LSS preparation lasted for 6 to 8 weeks, we would meet up at St. James and activities were prepared for all of us.. After that, a final meet up was organized, I think they call it an encounter with God where you would surrender all your burdens to God and asks for guidance. It was heartwarming, hearing testimonials and wonderful stories how people have transformed and how their lives were touched…

After the grand LSS, we still continued to meet up every Friday after work, just to update each and everyone how life is after the encounter with God. I’ve gained friends from that encounter and it made me realize that my story is nothing compared to the stories of those other people around me.

I’ve learned to accept all the things that I cannot change and change those that I can and finally know the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment